Me, Myself, and I: FAQ (at least those I ask myself)

Random thoughts I have discussed with others (and/or myself) that might serve as an introduction of sorts as to some of my thinking about various pop culture controversies (originally posted July 27, 2014; updated March 27, 2022)

Q: What is Peter Jackson's greatest sin in terms of the LOTR films - excluding Tom Bombadil or having the Elves at Helms Deep?

A: Neither - replacing Glorfindel with Arwen.

Q: Is Peter Jackson the Antichrist for inventing the female character Tauriel in The Hobbit?

A: No, but he is sprouting horns just a little for the Tauriel/Legolas/Kili love triangle. Bleh.

Q: Is Steven Moffat a misogynist?

A: I have no idea - never met the man. Do I think his characterization of female characters in Doctor Who is often ghastly? Quite.

Q: Have you forgiven Damon Lindelof and Carleton Cuse for the final episode of Lost?

A: No

Q: When are you going to forgive them?

A: Perhaps by the heat death of the universe, or in about 10^100 years, whichever comes first.

Q: Are there any finales of series that you thought were absolutely perfect?

A: Babylon 5. I cry every time I see Delenn sitting alone on the bench.

Q: Will G. R.R. Martin finish the books before HBO finishes the series?

A: 50/50 odds on this one. Perhaps the final season of GoT will just be handpuppets randomly having sex and killing each other. Either that or just random close-ups of Jon Snow pouting, interspersed with random close-ups of Jon Snow looking pensive.

Update: handpuppets would have been a better ending that that ghastly final few episodes! BLEH! And I am still waiting for Winds of Winter to arrive.  

Q: Walking Dead - graphic novel or tv series?

A: Yes

Update: Graphic novel. I still can't believe they killed Carl off on the TV series. It really jumped the shark.

Q: Red or white?

A: Yes

Q: Megadeth or Metallica?

A: Megadeth,despite Dave Mustaine's political views!

Q: What are you watching these days?

A: In no particular order, Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, In the Flesh, Game of Thrones, Dominion.

Update: Doctor #13 was a major disappointment. Hoping it gets back on track. Dominion was cancelled, as was In the Flesh, both with major cliffhangers. TWD tanked.

Q: Matt Smith or David Tennant?

A: Tennant - is there really a choice here?

Update: I really loved Capaldi!

Q: Rose Tyler or Amy Pond?

A: Rose - again, is there really a choice here?

Update: Still true. Also, Clara was YAWN. I did love Missy, though.

Q: Favorite quote from recent pop culture?

A: "Watch the shadows, not the sun." - Dominion. More on this later. Lots more.

Update: So I didn't write "lots more" on this. I am writing a lot right now about the sun and popular culture - does that count?



Comments

Popular Posts